District Court: DUIs and Drug Paraphernalia Charges
A weekly roundup from the office of Magisterial District Judge Robert Ford.
The following people were charged and scheduled for preliminary hearings Dec. 4 at Leetsdale District Court:
- Thomas Jonas, 62, of Oakleaf Lane, Franklin Park, charged with driving under the influence. Franklin Park police stopped Jonas Sept. 29 on West Ingomar Road after he was seen driving without tail lights on. Police did not report a blood-alcohol content.
- Kevin Whittington, 26, of Valencia, charged with driving under the influence after state police stopped his vehicle July 7 on Interstate 279 in Franklin Park. State police reported a blood-alcohol content of 0.124 percent.
- Joseph Nocito Jr., 42, of Pittsburgh, charged with driving under the influence after Sewickley Heights police responded Oct. 25 to a one-vehicle crash on Backbone Road, just north of Persimmon Road. Police did not report a blood-alcohol content.
- Frederick Majewicz, 48, of Monaca, charged with driving under the influence, after Sewickley Heights police stopped his vehicle Oct. 13 on Blackburn Road for speeding and drifting on the roadway. Police did not report a blood-alcohol content.
- Tammy Olsen, 45, of Cranberry Township, charged by Franklin Park police with possession with intent to use drug paraphernalia and possession of a small amount of marijuana. Charges reduced to disorderly conduct, ordered to pay fine and court costs.
- Aaron Melodini, 29, of Sewickley Heights Drive, charged by Sewickley police with possession with intent to use drug paraphernalia. Charges reduced to summary non-traffic violation and ordered to pay a $300 fine plus court costs.