Another big movie shoot is coming to the Sewickley Valley.
“Foxcatcher,” a Hollywood film starring Channing Tatum, Steve Carell and Mark Ruffalo will begin shooting Monday, Oct. 15 in the Sewickley area, which means local road closings to accommodate the movie shoot.
In Sewickley Heights, Blackburn Road will have temporary and brief road closures from 8 a.m. to noon Monday, Oct. 15; and from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 16 and Thursday, Oct. 18.
Sewickley Heights police officers will be directing traffic during these hours.
The film is directed by Oscar nominee Bennett Miller, who made “Capote” and “Moneyball.”
Based on a true story, the film is about John du Pont (Carell), a chemical fortune heir who suffered from paranoid schizophrenia and went to prison for killing David Schultz (Ruffalo), a 1984 gold medal winning wrestler. Tatum Channing plays Mark, Schultz's younger brother.
A casting call seeking wrestlers took place last month at Canon-McMillan High School. Over the weekend, there was another casting call seeking characters and cars at the DoubleTree Hotel in Green Tree.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- 2013 Primary Results: Newcomers Win School Board Nominations
- Parents File Lawsuit Against Pittsburgh Zoo Over Mauling Death of Son
- Primary Election Results 2013: Quaker Valley School Board
- Just Listed: New Homes For Sale in Sewickley Area
- Sobriety Checkpoints and Roving DUI Patrols Set For This Weekend