January Thaw: Temps Warm Up This Week in Sewickley Area
Tired of the cold? You're in luck this week!
It's been quite frigid since 2012 began, but things are expected to wam up this week.
Expect above-freezing temps—in the upper 30s and 40s—to sweep through the area.
Here's a look at the extended forecast for the Sewickley Valley from the National Weather Service:
- Monday—Scattered flurries before 8am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 35. West wind 5 to 8 mph becoming south in the afternoon.
- Monday Night—Clear, with a low around 23. South wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Tuesday—Sunny, with a high near 42. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night—Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. South wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Wednesday—Mostly sunny, with a high near 43. West wind 8 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday Night—Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Thursday—Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Thursday Night—Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 40. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent.