Leetsdale Man Faces Criminal Mischief Charges in Vehicle Break-in
Police said Corey Ordons served as a look out in exchange for cash and drugs.
A Leetsdale man is facing charges after conspiring to break into an impounded vehicle at a borough auto lot.
Corey Ordons, 27, of Beaver Street, recently waived charges during a preliminary hearing of criminal mischief, defiant trespass, loitering and prowling at night, theft, and three counts of criminal conspiracy.
Leetsdale police said Ordons admitted to helping a friend early Feb. 8 break in and retrieve money out of a minivan that police impounded two days prior at Joe Reilsono's, Leet Street and Monroe Way.
Ordons told police he served as a lookout while Devin Stewart, 23, of Mt. Oliver, smashed the back window, climbed inside and retrieved two bricks of heroin in a paper bag. In exchange, Ordons received $100 and one bundle of heroin, police said. Stewart is awaiting a preliminary hearing.
The following people were also charged and scheduled for preliminary hearings on Feb. 26 in Leetsdale District Court.
- Brandy Faltenovich, 36, of Ambridge, charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. Leetsdale police stopped Faltenovich’s vehicle Dec. 23 after police said she ran a stop sign on Beaver Street. Police reported a blood-alcohol level of 0.103 percent, above the state’s legal limit of 0.08 percent.
- Jordan Wright, 24, of Ambridge, charged with possession of heroin, possession with intent to deliver, possession with intent to use drug paraphernalia. Leetsdale police reported Wright was a passenger in a vehicle that was involved in a drug exchange April 1 outside of Wendy’s. Police said stamp bags, needles and spoons were found in Wright’s purse.
- Mark Martin, 36, of Pittsburgh, charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after his vehicle was seen making a sharp turn Dec. 9 and jumping the curb to the Giant Eagle Get-Go. Leetsdale police reported a blood-alcohol content of 0.177 percent, above the state’s legal limit of 0.08 percent.
- James Fritzley, 44, of Moon Township, charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. Sewickley police reported Fritzley was stopped Jan. 3 at the Sewickley Bridge after his car was seen passing cars and speeding on Route 65. Police did not list blood alcohol test results.
- John Fraser, 35, of Freedom, PA, charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. Edgeworth police stopped Fraser on Jan. 11 after his pickup was seen swerving and speeding on Route 65. Police reported a blood-alcohol content of 0.271 percent, above the state’s legal limit of 0.08 percent.
- Steven Stuban, 49, of Moon Township charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. Edgeworth police stopped Stuban on Jan. 12 after his pickup was seen weaving and crossing the double lines on Route 65. Police did not list blood-alcohol test results.
- Damian Turner, 35, of Coraopolis charged with receiving stolen property. The charge was withdrawn.
- Allison Newman, 30, of Nicholson Road, Franklin Park, charged by Franklin Park police with possession with intent to use drug paraphernalia. Charge reduced to disorderly conduct.
- Richard Jackson, 24, of Aliquippa charged by Leetsdale police with possession of a small amount of marijuana. Charge reduced to disorderly conduct.
- David Powers, 25, of Coraopolis charged by Leetsdale police with criminal trespass. Charged reduced to non-traffic.
Check out some of today's other top stories here.