Work to improve the approach between Route 65 and the Sewickley Bridge is scheduled to occur this weekend in Sewickley, according to PennDOT.
Weather permitting, the work will run 8 p.m. Friday through 6 a.m. Monday.
Motorists can expect single-lane, alternating traffic on the bridge approach with traffic shifted to one side of the roadway. A single-lane closure will also occur on northbound Route 65 on Saturday and Sunday during milling and paving operations, Struzzi said.
Short-term restrictions may also occur as needed on southbound Route 65.
Police will be stationed on both ends of the Sewickley Bridge to assist with traffic control and to keep motorists moving. The bridge is under heavier use due to the closure of the nearby Ambridge-Aliquippa Bridge for construction work. That bridge is expected to reopen in mid-November.
PennDOT advises motorists to allow extra time and expect delays and changing traffic patterns in the area. Alternate routes also should be considered.
See More on Patch
- PennDOT: Route 65 Daytime Work Planned from Sewickley to Beaver County
- Traffic Advisory: Route 65 Research Planned for Future Improvements
- Driving Detour: Sewickey Bridge Sees Increased Traffic
- Where Are The Worst Potholes in the Sewickley Valley?
- Sewickley Police Plan Traffic Control when Ambridge-Aliquippa Bridge Closes