Quaker Valley Sports Hall of Fame Nominations Being Accepted
April 30 is the deadline to nominate for the Class of 2013.
The Quaker Valley School District is currently accepting nominations for its Class of 2013 Sports Hall of Fame. Nominations must be received by April 30.
Last year, the QV Sports Hall of Fame was reinstated following 10 years of inactivity.
The Class of 2012 included two coaches, four athletes and one team. The plans for 2013 will revolve around another weekend celebration connecting all Quaker Valley athletes, past and present.
The Class of 2013 will be announced June 1 and will be inducted during the Second Annual Hall of Fame weekend, slated for Sept. 20 to Sept. 22.
Highlights for the Hall of Fame weekend include introduction of the QV Sports Hall of Fame Class of 2013 during the Quaker Valley varsity football game on Friday, Sept. 20. Weekend festivities will conclude with the Hall of Fame induction banquet on Sunday, Sept. 22 at the Sewickley Heights Golf Club.
For more information, to provide sponsorship support or to help with the Hall of Fame Weekend, contact co-chairmen Mike Mastroianni, director of athletics and student activities, or Gene Klein, history teacher and varsity boys soccer coach, at email@example.com.
- Feb. 15: Nomination period begins
- April 30: Nomination deadline for Class of 2013
- June 1: Announcement of QVSHOF Class of 2013 & Hall of Fame Weekend
- Aug: 5: Hall of Fame banquet tickets available for purchase
- Sept. 20-22: QV Sports Hall of Fame Weekend – including reception, introduction of Class of 2013 and induction banquet.
Check out some of today's other top stories here.