The flu may have passed you by this holiday season, but if you haven't had a flu shot yet, you are at risk.
After a slow start, the number of flu cases in the Pittsburgh area has started to rise and is now approaching moderate to high levels. According to the Allegheny County Health Department, as of Dec. 4, there were 30 confirmed cases of the flu in Allegheny County, with the actual number predicted to be three to four times higher, the Pittsburgh Post Gazette reported.
Flu shots are available in the Sewickley area at many locations, including:
- CVS Pharmacy, 11240 Perry Highway, Wexford
- Heritage Valley ConvenientCare locations, which require no appointment and have extended hours of operation.
- Rite Aid is also offering flu shots for $24.99 through Dec. 15. Just walk in, no appointment needed. Pharmacy hours are 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday to Friday; 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
- Giant Eagle pharmacies also offer flu shots. Walk-in counseling is available or you can schedule an appointment.
The Allegheny County Health Department also offers flu shots at its walk-in clinic at 3441 Forbes Avenue in Oakland.
No appointment necessary:
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
• 1 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays.
To find more flu shot locations, click on this link.