Trick or treat
Children's in the Quaker Valley communities will take place collectively on Halloween from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday, Oct. 31 in Aleppo, Bell Acres, Edgeworth, Glen Osborne, Glenfield, Haysville, Leet, Leetsdale, Sewickley, Sewickley Heights and Sewickley Hills.
Local Police advise motorists to use extreme caution during these times. Parents are reminded to dress their children in light colored or reflective clothing. A parent or an older child should accompany the very young.
Halloween Events and Activities
- From 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct 22, a fall event will take place at in . Activities include storytelling, pumpkin painting, s’mores roasting and a bag of bulb sales. The event is free and open to everyone.
- The Halloween Parade takes place at 10 a.m. Oct. 29. The parade begins at the borough building, 601 Thorn St. The event is sponsored by Quaker Valley Rotary and the borough.
- After the parade on Saturday, Oct. 29, stop on by the stores in Sewickley for a special treat from the merchants. Participating businesses will have pumpkins in their windows during the trick or treat. Costumes are optional, but highly encouraged.
- annual Halloween party will take place from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 30, a the community center, Broad Street. The party will begin with a parade that will form at the Leetsdale VFW parking lot and end at the center. Crafts, food, entertainment and fun are planned.
- The Haunted House tour at the haunted house from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Oct. 21, 22, 28 or 29. Admission to the haunted house is $5 in advance and $7 at the door.
- The fifth annual children’s Halloween party takes place Saturday, Oct. 29 from 12:30 to 2 p.m. at the Sewickley Hills Borough Building, 349 Magee Road. Wear your costume, make crafts, play games and win prizes! Lunch will be served. Register by Oct. 25 by calling 412-741-4891 or emailing email@example.com.