We all love to take and share pictures, and with smartphones, and pocket-sized cameras, it's easier than ever.
So Sewickley Patch is asking readers to submit and then pick their favorite Patch Pic of the week.
It can be of anything from vacation photos, to family gatherings, to your pet, your favorite dish for dinner, your new car... the options are truly endless.
The only rules: you must have taken the picture yourself, and added a caption and photo credit. You can submit as many photos as you'd like.
Simply upload your pictures by clicking the tab either above or below the sample photo attached to this story.
he editor will be pick five of those pictures. Readers then have until 6 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 23 to choose their favorite. The Patch Pic of the week will be revealed next Friday morning, Aug. 24. Simple right?
Not sure how to upload a photo to Sewickley Patch? Here's a simple how-to for you to follow.
- Sign up as a Patch user. To add a photo or other content such as events or announcements, you need to be a registered member of Patch. You can do this by clicking "Sign Up" at the top of the site.
- Select the photo you'd like to upload.
- Photos should be in a "jpeg" format. This is the most common photo format. If you see an extension of your photo file that says "tif," "gif," "bmp," or something else, look for a way to save your photo in a "jpeg" or "jpg" format.
- To add a photo, click on the link under the current photos that says "Add your photos and videos."
- A window will open; click on "Choose files to upload." This will take you to your computer files, where you can choose the image you wish to add. Click it.
- Once your photo is ready to be uploaded, you will see a screen with a link that says "Start uploading." Click that.
- Your photo will upload, and when it is done the computer will ask you what you want to do next. Click on "edit your new photos." This is where you add your caption information.
- Click to add caption information and photo credit and hit "save."