.

B Gourmet Open After Smoke Fills Store

No one was injured and there is no major damage, fire officials said.

Cochran Hose Co. firefighters responded early Tuesday to B Gourmet, an organic eatery and grocery in Sewickley, after smoke filled the store.

Fire Chief Jeff Neff said the store at 428 Beaver St. was unoccupied at 4:30 a.m. when firefighters were called to the building. When they arrived, Neff said the whole first floor was filled with smoke.

Water boiled off a pot left simmering overnight on the stove, resulting in the smoke. Neff said they were able to get the pot off the stove and ventilate the store. There was no major damage and no one was injured, he said.

The store is open and employees said the incident won't affect Thanksgiving orders, which are still being taken.

--

Like Sewickley Patch  on Facebook or follow us on Twitter . Don't forget to sign up for our daily email newsletter by clicking here.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something