It's been quite frigid since 2012 began, but things are expected to wam up this week.
Expect above-freezing temps—in the upper 30s and 40s—to sweep through the area.
Here's a look at the extended forecast for the Sewickley Valley from the National Weather Service:
- Monday—Scattered flurries before 8am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 35. West wind 5 to 8 mph becoming south in the afternoon.
- Monday Night—Clear, with a low around 23. South wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Tuesday—Sunny, with a high near 42. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night—Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. South wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Wednesday—Mostly sunny, with a high near 43. West wind 8 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday Night—Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Thursday—Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Thursday Night—Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 40. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent.