The National Weather Service is warning that a major winter storm this weekend could severely impact most of the northeastern United States.
However, the forecast shows the Pittsburgh area will be spared from the brunt of the storm.
Here's a look at the Sewickley area forecast through Monday morning from the National Weather Service:
- Friday—Cloudy, with a high near 38. Breezy, with a northwest wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
- Friday Night—A slight chance of snow showers before 3 a.m. Cloudy, with a low around 19. Northwest wind 14 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
- Saturday—Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Night—Increasing clouds, with a low around 19. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph after midnight.
- Sunday—Partly sunny, with a high near 49. Southeast wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Sunday Night—Rain, mainly after 1am. Low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday—Rain likely before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 51. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent.
This forecast is subject to change.
Should you take any weather-related photos, contribute to Patch by adding them to this article. Just click on one of the green "Upload Photos and Videos" buttons above!
And please tell us about troubled spots in the comments section below!
Check out some of today's other top stories here.