The following people were charged and scheduled for preliminary hearings Dec. 11 at Leetsdale District Court.
- Anthony Zipparo, 25, of Duff Road, Aleppo, charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession of a small amount of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and tampering with evidence. Sewickley police reported Zipparo admitted to police that he had a small amount of marijuana Oct. 3 when an officer stopped on patrol at the Walnut Street boat docks. Police said 11 prescription pain pills also fell from Zipparo's and that he began smashing the pills on the ground while in police custody.
- Devan Savage, 25, of Ambridge, charged with driving under the influence. Leet Township police reported Savage’s vehicle was observed speeding Sept. 23 on Route 65 in Leetsdale. Police reported a blood-alcohol content of 0.117 percent, above the state’s legal limit of 0.08 percent.
- Brenden Green, 26, of Coraopolis, charged by Sewickley police with driving under the influence after his vehicle was stopped Sept. 21 for a burned out headlight. Police did not report Green's blood-alcohol content.
- Zachary Seman, 22, of Beaver Street, Sewickley, charged with possession of heroin and possession with intent to use drug paraphernalia. Sewickley police reported that during an encounter Sept. 20 with Seman, the officer noticed Seman kept reaching into his back pocket. During a search, the officer recovered three stamp bags of heroin and three empty bags, police said.
- Fuschia Maxi, 27, of Bank Street, Sewickley, charged by Ohio Township police Dec. 4 with simple assault and harassment. Charges reduced to disorderly conducted and awarded time served.
- Richard Vates, 35, of Farrell, PA, charged by Edgeworth police April 21 with making false reports to law enforcement and driving while suspended. Charges reduced to non-traffic and ordered to pay court costs and fines.
- Jennifer Roppa, 37, of Pilgrim Drive, Leet, charged by Leet Township police and Leetsdale police Oct. 24 with simple assault and harassment. Charges withdrawn.