The following people were charged and scheduled for preliminary hearings Aug. 21 at office in Leetsdale:
- John Hrelec, 43, of Aliquippa, charged with possession of heroin, possession with intent to deliver heroin and providing false identification to police. Sewickley police reported Hrelec was a passenger in a vehicle that was stopped July 11 on Route 65. Hrelec first gave police a false name. He was also found with 39 stamp bags during a search.
- Dennis Kozminski, 61, of Wexford, charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. Franklin Park police responded June 7 to a vehicle crash on Pine Creek Road at Barrington Drive. Kozminski was identified as the driver. Police said a blood-alcohol test indicated the presence of morphine and alcohol in his system. Police did not report his blood-alcohol content.
- Christopher Bushaw, 36 of Coraopolis, charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. Leetsdale police reported Bushaw was stopped June 10 on Route 65 after his vehicle was clocked speeding. Police reported a blood-alcohol content of 0.157 percent, above the state’s legal limit of 0.08 percent.
- Colby Neel, 28, of Warren, PA, charged with driving under the influence and possession with intent to use drug paraphernalia. Franklin Park police stopped Neel’s car July 3 on Route 910 after his vehicle cut off another car. Police reported a blood-alcohol content of 0.138 percent, above the state’s legal limit of 0.08 percent.
- Tyrone Fuller, 31, of McKeesport, charged with aggravated assault, unlawful body armor, recklessly endangering another person, terroristic threats, unlawful restraint and possession of weapons. Sewickley police said Fuller held a gun to a woman’s head and threatened her. He was found with a bullet proof vest, police said.
- Lonny Moore, 46, of Gibsonia, charged with simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct. Franklin Park police said Moore hit the owner of Pomodoro’s Restaurant in the face when he tried to break up a fight. Other patrons took Moore to the ground. During the struggle, a speaker belonging to the DJ was broken, police said.
- Ryan Rice, 19, of Pittsburgh and Markus Brown, 19, of Pittsburgh, both charged with providing false identification to law enforcement. Rice was also charged with possession of a small amount of marijuana. Franklin Park police reported that Brown, Rice and two other males were at a pavilion July 4 in Linbrook Park. All of the males were drinking beer and gave police fake birthdates, but later told the truth. Rice was also found with marijuana. Both were ordered to pay fines and court costs.
- Denise Lewandowski, 44, of Vandergrift, charged with stalking and three counts of harassment. Franklin Park police reported Lewandowski repeatedly called, emailed and sent text messages to a borough resident despite being told by police to stop. She was ordered to pay fines and court costs.
- Alex Zintchenko, 22, of Wexford, and Zack Seman, 22, of Sewickley, charged with receiving stolen property and criminal conspiracy. reported officers were called Nov. 23 to St. James Church after someone saw Zintchenko and Seman taking speakers from the church and attempting to put them in a car, police said. Both were ordered to pay fines and court costs.
- Zachary Rind, 18, of Wexford, charged with possession of marijuana and possession with intent to use drug paraphernalia. Franklin Park police on April 21 responded to a loud party on Black Oak Court in the Huntington Woods plan. Police said Rind was one of several people in the house and he was found with marijuana. He was ordered to pay fines and court costs.
- Sharon Leslie, 35, of Monaca, charged with theft by unlawful taking. reported Leslie took a Kindle, baby stroller, $25 gift card, Lady Bug pillow pet, picnic blanket, bag and $50 while babysitting for a family on Lewis Street. The items were reported stolen May 20. Leslie told police she used the items while babysitting and forgot to return them.
The following people were charged and scheduled for preliminary hearings Aug. 14.
- Harry Kruse, 44, of Pittsburgh, charged with possession of heroin and prescription drugs. Bell Acres police served a search warrant July 7 at a Campmeeting Road home. Kruse was found with $2,090 in cash, 50 stamp bags of heroin, a syringe, a metal spoon, 13 suboxone pills, a prescription opioid pain killer, and two alprazolam pills, an anti-anxiety drug. Police said he did not have a prescription for the pills.
- Brett Neimeic, 24, of Erie, charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. Franklin Park police reported Neimeic's vehicle was stopped June 30 on Interstate 79 at the Wexford exit after it was seen changing lanes without a turn signal. Police reported a blood-alcohol content of 0.241 percent, above the state’s legal limit of 0.08 percent.
- Jacob Jordan, 23, of Pittsburgh, charged with possession with intent to use drug paraphernalia. Franklin Park police reported Jordan was a passenger July 3 in a vehicle that was stopped. He was found with empty heroin stamp bags.
- Nancy Simon, 52, of Kennedy Township, charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. Franklin Park police reported Simon's vehicle was seen swerving June 24 on Route 910. Police reported a blood-alcohol content of 0.169 percent, above the state’s legal limit of 0.08 percent.
- Dana Jones, 24, of Ambridge, charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. Leetsdale police reported Jones on June 24 failed to come to a complete stop at a stop sign at Broad and Spencer streets. Police reported a blood-alcohol content of 0.142 percent, above the state’s legal limit of 0.08 percent.
- Richard Cassoff, 65, of Edgeworth, charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and leaving the scene of an accident. responded July 1 to a report of a vehicle that crashed into a fence on Maple Lane and left the area. Police found Casoff's vehicle traveling with a broken out rear window and a two-by-four sticking out between the tailgate and tail light. Police did not report blood-alcohol test results.
- Lawrence Dax, 58, of Hopkins Church Road, charged with reckless driving, recklessly endangering another person and receiving stolen property. Leetsdale police said Dax pulled his vehicle out aggressively and almost struck the manager who followed him out.
- Keith Cook, 29, of Coraopolis, charged with defiant trespass and retail theft. Sewickley police said Cook put a can of energy drink in his pocket June 3 at Rite Aid in Sewickley. He was ordered not to return to Rite Aid.
- Ben Thornton, 24, of Ambridge, charged with disorderly conduct. Sewickley police reported Thornton was Tasered July 2 after police went to the boat ramp and saw four males at the bottom of the launch. Police said Thornton disobeyed commands to remain situated.