Gunshot Victim Turns Up at Hospital, Sewickley Police Respond

Police said the injured 26-year-old was shot in the back.

Sewickley police were summoned early Sunday morning to Heritage Valley Sewickley hospital after being alerted to a gunshot wound victim who had arrived in the emergency room.

Police responded at 2:42 a.m. and spoke to Tywan Willis, 26, of Aliquippa, who told officers he was shot in the back near the Quippian bar in Aliquippa.

Sewickley officers forwarded information onto the Aliquippa police department in Beaver County.

Willis was stabilized and transported by Valley Ambulance to Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh.

Sewickley police also responded to the following incidents. Each incident reflects police records and is not an indication of guilt:

Threats alleged

Police were called to the SporTrak facility on Chadwick Street about 10:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 2 for a report of a coach threatening a manager.

Police are still working to identify the coach of a 12-year-old boys soccer team, who reportedly had an argument with another coach earlier in the evening then returned several hours later to argue some more.

Police said the coach began arguing with the manager, became belligerent and started using profanity. Police said he was asked to leave and raised his fist at the manager, but soon left after the manager threatened to call police.   

Driving while suspended

Police stopped a pickup at 2:13 a.m. Friday, Feb. 1 on Route 65 at the Sewickley Bridge after it was seen swerving in its lane.  Police cited the driver, Ted Babich, 78, of Moon Township with driving under suspension and towed the vehicle. Babich was given a courtesy ride home.

Two-vehicle crash 

No one was injured following a two-vehicle crash at 11:30 a.m. Friday, Feb. 1 on the Sewickley Bridge. Police said driver Mark Hahn, 33, of Butler, PA was crossing the bridge when he attempted to turn right onto Kramer Street and collided with Billie Kissel, 57, of Moon Township, who was going over the bridge. Police said Hahn didn’t know the bridge merged into two lanes at the end.

Loud noise complaint  

Police were called at 11:15 p.m. Jan. 29 to the 600 block of Mulberry Street for a report of a parked car making a really loud noise. Police determined the noise to be a vehicle’s horn that was stuck. Police and the owner removed the fuse for the horn.

Wild animal complaint

Police were called at 8:05 a.m. Jan. 29 to the intersection of Walnut and Bank streets for a report of a raccoon running around. Police checked the area and did not find the animal.


"Like" us on Facebook | Follow us Twitter 

Check out more of today's top headlines


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »