Veterans Day is a day the federal government sets aside—Nov. 11 of every year—to honor the service of all U.S. military veterans.
This year, Nov. 11 falls on a Sunday. Many offices and organizations will close Monday in observance of Veterans Day, while some will not.
- All federal and state government offices will be closed, as are banks and postal facilities.
- Leetsdale and Bell Acres borough offices will be closed, though the Bell Acres Council meeting will still take place at 7 p.m.
- Sewickley Public Library, though no programs are scheduled.
- Quaker Valley and Sewickley Academy schools will remain open.
- Some local offices, including Sewickley and Edgeworth, will remain open.
- Sewickley Valley YMCA.
A ceremony honoring local U.S. military veterans is planned for today at Sewickley Academy starting at noon. Local veterans are invited to attend. (See the calendar listing for more information.)