The 49th annual May Mart, sponsored by the Sewickley Civic Garden Council, will take place on Saturday, May 11.
More than 30 booths will take part in the Sewickley tradition, which features plants and gardening accessories, all supplied by local garden clubs.
The event runs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Broad Street between Beaver and Thorn streets.
May Mart is a “street fair” of vendors who support the garden council's mission of selling and supporting items for and from the garden. Area garden clubs, along with non-profit organizations and vendors offer information, plants and products that can enhance gardens and the community through horticulture.
May Mart also features other vendors that offer garden-related items, food items, and information on their services.
Here's a list of the plants that will be available for sale from local garden clubs:
- Garden Club of Allegheny County: zinnias, basil, green leaf lettuces, and mesculun
- Grapevine Garden Club: a variety of heirloom tomatoes
- The Little Garden Club: pre-designed “no-brainer” containers six packs for sun or shade, perennials from members’ gardens, garden gloves and hydrangeas and orchids
- Trowel and Error Garden Club: ageratums, begonias, impatiens, and vinca
- Village Garden Club: a wide selection of herbs and exotic geraniums
- Advance tickets will also be sold for the upcoming 2013 Sewickley Garden Tour. Be sure to stop by the gazebo on Broad Street to purchase your tickets.
For further information, contact email@example.com
This year, the Little Garden Club is offering a pre-sale of their plants from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, May 10 at 1107 Beaver Road in Glen Osborne.
Trowel & Error Garden Club will also have a pre-sale from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 10 at 601 Academy Ave. (in the driveway off Centennial Avenue).
Check out some of today's other top stories here.