A longtime Sewickley fixture-built in the 1890's-the Sewickley Hotel has had several incarnations and owners. A recent makeover which included new windows and a new facade transformed the hotel from a dive to a dressed-up, elegant establishment. Dress is still casual, and you can still get a great burger or fish sandwich with fries or onion rings. Nice salads have been added to the menu along with several special entrees "with French influences" each day. During good weather - mostly summer - outdoor seating is available in a courtyard with umbrella tables and greenery. This is a very popular place with residents and on weekends it can be difficult to get a table without a wait. Live music is featured on Fridays and Saturdays. On Sundays, the hotel offers brunch.
- Hours: Mon-Sat, Bar: 11am-2am; Food: 11am-10pm; Sun, 11am-4pm
- Payments accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Food, spirits
- General services: Eat-in
- Menu link: www.sewickleyhotel.com/menus.htm
- Specialties: Tavern burger
- Parking: On-street: metered