Locally owned and operated, Design Group is a full-service salon offering hair, nail and body care. In hair care, color is the specialty of the shop, says owner Gary, who has been a Sewickley resident for more than 30 years. The salon also offers cuts, highlights and lowlights and Coppola hair treatments, which is a Brazilian straightening treatment.
For body care, kinesio taping is offered by the massage therapist in addition to Swedish, deep-tissue, sports and medical massage. Kinesio is a method of taping over and around muscles in order to assist and give support while still maintaining a full range of motion. (You may have seen the tape on Venus Williams' knee or David Beckham's rib cage.)
Nail service includes manis and pedis (manicure and pedicure).
And the shop is dog-friendly as most days, you'll see cute little Wanda Mae in residence, even when her owner is on vacation.
- Hours: Tues, 7am - 8pm; Weds, 9am - 8pm; Thurs, 7am - 3pm; Fri, 9am - 5pm; Sat, 9am - 3pm; Sun, Mon, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Sidewalk-level entrance
- Founding Date: Nov 11, 1981
- What makes this community special?: I've been a part of this community for more than 30 years. It's home for my partner and I and our businesses.
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Parking: On-street: metered
- License/certification: Fully licensed
- Appointments: Walk-in accepted
- Specials/Packages: Ask about seasonal specials
- Hair Services: Color, Highlights/lowlights
- Hair Specialties: Children, Men, Women
- Hair Product Brands: Schwarzkopf, Unite
- Massage Specialties: Deep tissue, Medical, Sports, Swedish
- Nail salon services: Manicure, Pedicure, Wax